Google Search

Google

Monday, February 9, 2009

FAQ: Coolant...what to use, where to get.

Many wonder (I wondered myself) where to get coolant for the TT.

The TT only takes G12 which is a proprietary VW coolant. Therefore you won't find it in your auto parts stores, you have to go a VW or Audi dealer. It's about $25 for 1 gallon of concentrate, which gets cut 50/50 and makes two gallons, way more than enough to fill the system.

If you're replacing the coolant I HIGHLY suggest you do a flush. My heatercore had all kinds of gunked up coolant in it; after I cleaned it out, my car's heater warmed up amazingly quickly compared to before.

No comments:

Contact

This site is intended for sharing of information and experiences with cars. By viewing it, you agree to use the information contained in the site at your own risk.